Long-term stress can increase your risk of depression, anxiety, and other health problems. Deal with stress early to help prevent these types of problems.
There are many ways to help manage stress including:
- anticipating stress and preparing yourself
- using relaxation techniques
- taking time to have fun
- learning how to manage negative thoughts
- try to prevent daily hassles (e.g., be on time, plan ahead)
- decreasing your responsibilities
- talking with someone (e.g., a trusted friend, family member, or elder) when you’re stressed out
Learning how to manage stress can help prevent it from affecting your mental and physical wellbeing.