Before you decide to have bariatric surgery, it’s important that you understand how the surgery changes your body and the way it works, and what you can expect after having the surgery. Check your knowledge in the questions below.
1. Obesity is a chronic disease that needs lifelong treatment. Bariatric surgery is one treatment option for obesity.
2. What are the benefits of having bariatric surgery? (There may be more than one correct answer.)
3. After bariatric surgery, I will need to make lifelong lifestyle changes.
4. If you smoke, you will need to quit before bariatric surgery and not smoke after the surgery. If you don’t stop smoking, you won’t be able to have the bariatric surgery.
5. How will my life change after bariatric surgery? (There may be more than one correct answer.)
6. What do women of childbearing age need to think about before they decide to have bariatric surgery or after having bariatric surgery? (There may be more than one correct answer.)
Print off your answers to this quiz if you want to look at it later.