Your personal health record can be shared with someone you trust. You control the kind of information you share and what the person you share with can do with your information. Some information in your personal health record might be sensitive. Before you share your record: think about what you want the other person to see and what type of information you are comfortable sharing with them.
How do I share My Personal Records with another person?
- Go to the Account Dashboard, Proceed to My Personal Records.
- Select the Share My Record tool on your Home page, on the Tools and Settings page or from your Profile icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Click the ‘Share health information with someone you trust’ blue button.
- Enter the email address of the person (i.e. Recipient) you are sharing your record with. You will need to do this twice to confirm the address is correct.
- Enter a passcode. The person you are sharing your record with needs to enter this passcode when they accept your invitation.
- Choose a sharing level. The sharing level describes how much access you are giving to the person you are sharing your record with.
- Choose the types of information in My Personal Records that you would like to share with the person.
- Choose an access expiration date. On this date, the person’s access to your record ends, and they can no longer see your record. You can also choose no expiration date.
- Click Send Invitation.
It is possible that the person you are sharing your record with could discuss or show your information with or to another person. It is important to only share access to your record with someone you trust.
What should I know about passcodes?
When you send someone (the Recipient) an invitation to view your record, you need to enter a passcode. Choose a passcode between 6 to 10 characters. You can use numbers and uppercase or lowercase letters. Do not use special characters such as #, %, or punctuation.
The person you are sharing your record with needs to enter the passcode to accept your invitation. To keep your invitation secure, do not email the passcode and do not share the passcode with other people. Share your passcode with the Recipient in another way, such as a phone call. If you forget the passcode, you need to resend your invitation with a new passcode.
What levels of access (Sharing Level) can I choose when sharing my record with someone?
- View Only: The person you share your record with can see the information you choose to share with them.
- View and Update: The person you share your record with can read, add, or delete some of the information in your record, depending on what you share with them. Please note that they are not able to add, update or delete Clinical Based Information provided by Netcare, etc.
Only choose the level of access you feel comfortable sharing. You can change someone's level of access or delete their access to your record at any time.
There are four types of information you can share (Health Summary, Journal Entries, Results & Readings and Tools & Settings). You can choose to share all of the information within a type or select specific information within the type.
How do I share My Personal Records with more than one person?
You need to send separate invitations to each person that you would like to share your record with.
Only share access to your health information with someone you trust.