Arnika Centre offers psychiatric assessment and stabilization via medication for individuals 16 years or older who have an IQ 70 or below prior to the age of 18, have mental health concerns and/or significant behavioral problems, and have a family doctor who is supportive of the referral.
- Patient must have a full scale IQ below 70 prior to the age of 18 (PDD eligible).
- Patient must be over the age of 16 years.
- Patient must have a current mental health and/or significant behavioral concerns.
- Patient must have a family doctor and the family doctor must be supportive of the referral.
- Patient must have had a full physical in the last year.
How to access service
Professional Referral Required
Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.
occupational therapists (OTs), psychiatrists, registered nurses (RNs), social workers
University of Calgary Medical School
Ground Floor, 3465 26 Avenue NE NE Calgary, Alberta. 403-943-8301.