MyHealth.Alberta.ca’s New Look
The homepage updates will make it easier to find the information you are looking for. The content itself hasn't changed and is still a trusted source of information. These changes reflect our ongoing commitment to follow new and emerging
You can still find specific health conditions, tips for healthy living, or locate a service. You can also learn about medications, tests and treatments.
MHA Network Banner
The MyHealth.Alberta.ca Network showcases trusted, easy-to-understand health and wellness information from Alberta Health Services and its partners. Click on MyHealth.Alberta.ca Network banner at the top of any MyHealth.Alberta.ca page for a list
of our partners. You will also see the MyHealth.Alberta Network banner at the top of our partners’ webpages.
- Learn about High Levels of Fluoride in Drinking Water and what you can do if fluoride levels are too high in your drinking water.
- Are you considering bariatric surgery? Explore our Bariatric Surgery health topic to learn more about bariatric surgery basics, what lifestyle changes you will need to make before and after
surgery, and how life changes after bariatric surgery.
- Check out our new video on the creation of
- Read our new
Sexual and Reproductive Health topic to find up-to-date information on birth control options, pregnancy resources, and sexually transmitted infections. You’ll also find information about talking to and
teaching your child about sexual health.
- Learn how
cannabis use affects your health.
Improved Find Healthcare Tool
We’re pleased to announce a new tool on MyHealth.Alberta.ca called
Find Healthcare. This replaces the Healthcare Locator.
This improved tool makes it easier for you to find facilities and services. Using your postal code or location, you’ll be able to find the facilities and services closest to you.
Other benefits are:
- easy to use
- mobile and tablet friendly
- results shown in a map, grid, or list view
- same tool on both MyHealth.Alberta.ca and the Alberta Health Services website
New Patient Care Handouts
Launching in early 2019, MyHealth Records will be available on MyHealth.Alberta.ca. MyHealth Records will make it possible for Albertans to manage their health by providing a secure and convenient place online to see select health records.
You’ll be able to access MyHealth Records on a variety of devices that have access to the web such as smartphones, tablets, and computers. Initial features will allow you to:
- view medicines dispensed from community pharmacies
- view most immunizations given in Alberta (You will also be able to enter immunizations received outside of the province.)
- view the results of common lab tests completed within 18 months of the date you sign-up to MyHealth Records
- record blood pressure and blood glucose levels
- keep journals to track mood, sleep, weight, and fitness goals
- upload and track information from health devices, including supported blood pressure monitors, blood glucose meters, and fitness trackers like FitBit
- print out reports and health records to share with healthcare providers
MyHealth Records is designed with the security of Albertans’ private health information as a top priority. Information will be protected using both server authentication and data encryption.