Weeks 30 to 32 of Your Pregnancy: Care Instructions
Your baby is starting to look like a baby, with hair and plump skin. Your baby may sleep 20 to 45 minutes at a time and is more active at certain times of day.
To ease heartburn
- Avoid foods that make your symptoms worse, such as chocolate, spicy foods, and caffeine.
- Avoid bending over or lying down after meals.
- Do not eat for 2 hours before bedtime.
- Take antacids like Tums, but don't take ones that have sodium bicarbonate.
To care for large, swollen veins (varicose veins)
- Avoid standing for long periods of time.
- Sit with your feet propped up.
- Wear support hose.
- Get some exercise every day, like walking or swimming.
Counting your baby's kicks
Your doctor or midwife may ask you to count your baby's movements, such as kicks, flutters, or rolls.
Follow-up care is a key part of your treatment and safety. Be sure to make and go to all appointments, and call your doctor or nurse advice line (811 in most provinces and territories) if you are having problems. It's also a good idea to know your test results and keep a list of the medicines you take.
Where can you learn more?
Go to https://www.healthwise.net/patientEd
Enter X471 in the search box to learn more about "Weeks 30 to 32 of Your Pregnancy: Care Instructions".
Current as of: February 23, 2022
Author: Healthwise Staff
Medical Review:Sarah Marshall MD - Family Medicine & Adam Husney MD - Family Medicine & Kathleen Romito MD - Family Medicine & JoLynn Montgomery PA - Family Medicine & Femi Olatunbosun MB, FRCSC - Obstetrics and Gynecology