Home >  Frequently Asked Questions
Facebook Tweet Email Share

Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

​MyHealth.Alberta.ca Questions

Is there a better way to look for information on MyHealth.Alberta.ca?

If you can’t find what you’re looking for, try:

  • using fewer words in your search to get more results (e.g., “smoking” instead of “quit smoking”)
  • browsing the Health A-Z list
  • checking the Healthy Living page for information on staying healthy and preventing disease

What’s the difference between MyHealth.Alberta.ca and other health information on the web?

MyHealth.Alberta.ca was made for Albertans. Healthcare experts across the province make sure the information is correct, up to date, and written for people who live in Alberta. The site was built by the Alberta Government and Alberta Health Services.

How can I help make MyHealth.Alberta.ca better?

Your comments and ideas can help make this site better. Please email your feedback to feedback@myhealth.alberta.ca.

Health Questions

Where can I ask questions about my symptoms?
You can use the symptom checker on MyHealth.Alberta.ca or call Health Link to ask about your symptoms. MyHealth.Alberta.ca can’t answer questions about symptoms by email.

How can I learn more about my medicines?
For information about medicines, side effects and how some medicines work together, you can:

Where can I find out about travel vaccines?
For information about travel health and vaccines, or to find a travel health service location near you, go to the Travel Health Services page on MyHealth.Alberta.ca.

How do I get a copy of my immunization records?
Health Link may be able to help you get your records. It depends on your age and where you got your immunizations. If they can’t find your records, they can tell you what you can do next.

How do I get my medical records?
General Medical Records
Contact your doctor or the office of the doctor you saw to ask for a copy of your medical records. You may have to write a note or letter asking for your records. There may also be a charge for the copy.

If you’re having trouble getting a copy of your records or for more information, contact the Alberta College of Physicians and Surgeons toll-free at 1-800-561-3899 ext. 4926 (Alberta residents only) or email publicinquiries@cpsa.ab.ca.

Hospital Medical Records
Call the health records department at the hospital you visited. You may need to write a note or letter to ask for your records. There may also be a charge for the copy.

Healthcare Questions

How can I find a family doctor who is accepting new patients?
To find a family doctor, use the Find A Physician tool on the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta website. The tool can list doctors by the languages they speak, whether they are a man or a woman, and by their specialty.

Where can I find information about the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan?
The Alberta Health website Health Care Insurance pages answer questions about the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan, including:

Am I covered in other Canadian provinces if I have Alberta Health Care Insurance?
The Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan can tell you if you’re covered when you travel outside Alberta. Call 310-0000 (toll-free in Alberta) and enter 780-427-1432 when it asks you for a 10-digit number. You can also find information on the Alberta Health website.

Where can I get information about other programs and services?
Call Health Link for information about programs and services in Alberta.

Other Questions

How can I update a service listing on MyHealth.Alberta.ca?
If you have a program or service listed on MyHealth.Alberta.ca and the information needs updating, please email InformAlberta using the Contact Us form at www.InformAlberta.ca.​​​​​​​​​​​​​