Poison and Drug Information
Poisoning and toxins
Safety and prevention
Skin and eye
Bites and stings
Most poison or toxins are swallowed by accident. Taking too much of a medicine or supplement can also be dangerous. And even swallowing a non-toxic item can cause problems such as a choking hazard.
If you think you’ve swallowed something harmful, call the Poison and Drug Information Service (PADIS). In Alberta, call 1-800-332-1414 anytime day or night. Have the container or product information with you when you call.
Go to Top
This material is not a substitute for the advice of a qualified health professional. This material is intended for general information only and is provided on an "as is", "where is" basis. Although reasonable efforts were made to confirm the accuracy of the information, Alberta Health Services does not make any representation or warranty, express, implied or statutory, as to the accuracy, reliability, completeness, applicability or fitness for a particular purpose of such information. Alberta Health Services expressly disclaims all liability for the use of these materials, and for any claims, actions, demands or suits arising from such use.