If you have pain in your chest or trouble breathing, call 911.
See your family doctor if you:
- have fallen (to get follow-up care)
- struggle with your eating or desire to eat (appetite)
- have any questions or concerns
See your surgeon if you have:
- more redness, pain, or swelling in your legs
- a problem with your incision (surgical cut), such as very bad pain, it starts to come apart, leaks more fluid, or leaks fluid that is thick, green, or has a bad smell
- sudden, sharp pain in your hip
- chills or a temperature above 38.5oC
- more bruising that doesn’t start to go away after 3 weeks – It’s normal to have bruising around the hip up to 3 weeks after surgery.