Welcome to the insulin pump therapy learning module! This module is for people with type 1 diabetes who are interested in insulin pump therapy.
Most, but not all of this information also applies to those with type 2 diabetes who are interested in pump therapy.
By the end of this online class, you will be able to:
- Explain how the pump works and list the parts of a pump
- Identify special features of the different insulin pumps
- Describe differences between insulin pump therapy and multiply insulin dose therapy
- Explain how an insulin pump delivers insulin
- State the advantages and possible disadvantages of insulin pump therapy
- Describe responsibilities of insulin pump users
- Explain the role of nutrition and carbohydrates in insulin pump therapy
- Identify resources that describe the different pumps available in Alberta
- Describe the steps necessary for successful insulin pump start
Please review this information with your diabetes team.