In this section, you will learn:
- learn about the Insulin Pump Therapy Program
- find out how to apply for the program
- learn where to get more information about the program
The Insulin Pump Therapy Program (called IPTP for short) pays for the cost of insulin pumps and supplies for Alberta residents with type 1 diabetes who meet certain conditions (criteria). It’s for adults and children.
Alberta Health Services’ website has more information about diabetes insulin pump therapy, including:
- applying for the IPTP
- meeting the IPTP criteria
- finding participating diabetes centres
The next page of this learning module outlines the steps to apply for the IPTP.