Your body is going through some big changes and will need time to heal and recover. Be sure to make time to rest and feel better. It usually takes 4 to 6 weeks for your body to recover after a miscarriage. You may continue to have vaginal bleeding during this time.
When to get help:
See your family doctor or go to the closest emergency department right away if you have:
- bleeding that is much heavier than a regular menstrual period (soak through a thick maxi pad in 1 hour, for more than 2 hours in a row)
- pass blood clots bigger than an egg or a large coin ($1)
- severe pain in your abdomen (belly)
- a fever over 38 °C (100.5 °F) for more than 4 hours after taking acetaminophen (like Tylenol)
- discharge from your vagina that doesn’t look normal or that smells bad