To find out how ready you are for change it can help to think about the questions below. Go to your
reflection journal and write out some of your thoughts.
- Do I see my weight as a problem?
- Does my weight worry or upset me?
- Am I really interested in making changes to help my health and lifestyle?
- Given everything I have going on in my life, am I ready to make a change now?
- Do I believe I have all the information I need to make these changes? If not, go to these resources to find out what
help is available.
There may be some things you’re not ready to do yet—that’s OK. Focus on the changes that you
are ready to make. For the changes you aren’t ready for, think about and keep learning about what might be needed to make these changes worthwhile for you.
It’s natural to have more than 1 priority in your life. You may find that you need to take care of something else first. Talk to your healthcare provider about what you can do.